Tuesday 26 January 2010

Roberto Burnissimo

Last night I organised a much needed meeting for my Brikolage group to discuss how we were realistically going to get the magazine in print due to extreme financial disabilities. Although we are contacting potential advertisers we haven't given ourselves plenty of time to chase them all up without harassing them so much that we put them off completely. This is partially our fault and partly the cause of some people promising help and letting us down; however the latter cannot be helped and we simply have to get on with it as best we can! Which we are doing and even if we only get it out online it looks GREAT and will definitely be in print soon.

So I decided to host the meeting at mine for a change, but had forgotten it was Burns night. When I realised this I sent my brother out on a hunt for enough veggie haggis to feed 10. I love an excuse for veggie haggis it is DELICIOUS. The other day I went to The Compass in Edinburgh with my boyfriend and had a veggie haggis burger. No words can describe how sinfully delicious it was. Apart from; not as sinfully delicious as their Sailor Jerry, chocolate and chestnut cake! Oh my goodness...

Sorry, drifted off into a fantasy world of chocolate, rum and haggis there. Snap back to reality! Unfortunately there was no veggie haggis to be found at 6.30pm on Burns night in Leith so we had to opt for a last minute cheap and cheerful dish (as well as almost the only thing people think I cook): spaghetti!!

Yummy scrummy spaghetti. I do love it. It also went down a treat, with my brother deciding to call it Roberto Burnissimo night and I reciting an ode to the spaghetti. So the house was a complete mess by the end, considering I had sent a text to everyone asking if someone could bring a dessert and everyone did!! Four cakes and a couple bottles of red wine later and I'm passed out i front of the fire feeling very satisfied....

Just as a side note I have been lusting after this backless Jimmy Choo for H&M for a while...they sell it online but not in the UK n'arg.

No comments:

Post a Comment