Thursday 18 December 2008

Christmas Freak


It's the last Big Freak of the 2008 and although I am still recovering from a 14 hour shift and pre Christmas exhaustion I intend to give it my all in the dressing up stakes. For the first two club nights I was inspired by a 1950's theme; wearing a yellow 50's sundress and carrying around a parasol on the first one. The second one was the Halloween special, so I continued with the 1950's theme and went for a dead housewife affair. But, after having all of my hair lopped off I am not feeling the retro theme so much and it is about time for a change. I am also in desperate need for colour as I am required to wear black at work so my thoughts turned to a dress I bought 3 years ago which has a bright graphic print of green frogs and pink hearts and could not be more colourful if it tried.

The New York based designer, Dirty Addiction, added me on MySpace when I was about 18 and her clothes are aimed at just the alterna teen demographic that I was a part of then. Her designs were Hello Kitty meets Goth meets Emo meets Dolly and I found a couple of fantastic cute one off handmade dresses; the green froggy dress being one of them. Although I am not an alterna teen any longer I am certainly not one particular type and today I felt like tutus and colour and this dress perfectly fits the bill.

I'll post up photos of the night tomorrow and inject some colour into this grey and wintry weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment