Friday 12 December 2008

A Weary Christmas

I have finally decided to do some online Christmas shopping, as the weather does not greatly appeal to me despite my wonderful John Lewis Fulton lace parasol umbrella. So I have sat down on the sofa, turned on Howard Hawks' fabulous Gentlemen Prefer Blondes with Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell and whizzed through a variety of sites to find the appropriate presents for the family.

I am not going to disclose the details of presents in case a source close to or, in fact, the person itself spots what I bought them. However, I do recommend ASOS for female friends, especially if you are having to do presents on the cheap this year as they have sectioned off their goods into budget as well as item types etc. I managed to find a couple of gems which I would be sitting back and congratulating myself for with a cup of tea if the site did not decide to stop loading just as the final step of the purchase was being made. I believe an Internet shopping site should inform us of their "maintenance work" before we spend a lengthy amount of time perusing their products only to be left frustrated when only a moment before the end was in view!

Fortunately, I remained level headed and returned later to a fully working site. I believe this means that all of my Christmas shopping is done!

Congratulatory cup of tea here I come...I shall leave you with a clip of 'Bye Bye Baby' for your enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment