Wednesday 31 December 2008

So long 2008

First of all I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!

My December has been taken up by working, drinking and family gatherings taking me from London to Glasgow to Edinburgh to Nairn, back to Glasgow then back to Edinburgh and a lot of the last two trips repeated. I have been either too exhausted to think of anything to blog about or, more often, without Internet at all. However the new year brings resolutions and picking up my regular blogging habit is definitely one of them.

So here is my 2009 to-do list. A personal blog I know, but one I feel I must do. If I put it out there one the world wide web I am more likely to stick to it.


1. Blog every day
2. Only sleep 3 hours a night once a week as opposed to 3 weeks solid. This will be achieved by going to bed early when I need to get up in the morning.

3. Eat a home cooked meal at least 3 times a week.

4. To save on money invite people round for a meal and wine instead of splashing it all out on 3 overly expensive wheat beers.

5. Question why I appear to have an obsession with the number 3.

6. GET A PROPER JOB. By any means possible I will work at what I am good at and make a living out of it.

7. Start writing my novel.

8. Do regular exercise by using the dance class gift certificate so kindly given to me by my health conscious Mum for Christmas.

9. Call up the people who keep sending me notifications about my student loan repayments and tell them why they need to leave me alone as opposed to hoping that somehow they magically will.

10. (because 10 seems like a good number to end on) Go on holiday somewhere hot and sunny.

All of these seem plausible so I will be checking these off as I enter 2009.

My Christmas was very successful. The best present I got were hand made spatz which I will most certainly be getting a picture up of soon and find out the designers name from my Mum who so ingeniously got them for me. They are amazing.

On my London family Christmas (the 23rd) I wore this Karen Millen antique sequin dress which I was given for Christmas the year before.


On actual Christmas I wore a chiffon corsage babydoll dress from ASOS with thick black tights and over the knee knitted socks from Jonathan Aston. Christmas has been all about over the knee socks for me with pretty black detailed dresses a thick knitted jumper and a cape.








Or over the knee socks teamed with these amazing bottle green sling back platform heels from Office, a black buttoned up high waisted skirt and a quirky t-shirt.



And tonight is going to be a low key party, but I still want to dress up so I am wearing my Reiss outfit which I have previously posted photos of. The orange skirt and ruffle stripey top.


Then I am going to try and find some bargains in the January sales, yet not spend too much money!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment