Wednesday 25 February 2009

Edinburgh Mag

My brother Ewan Macintyre, creator of the Big Freak, is starting his own Edinburgh based magazine with a focus on local artists; musicians, painters, film makers, designers, performers, creators and innovators. He asked me if I want to be editor. Do I want to be editor? Hell yeah.

Sure, it's an ambitious project with no initial pay and lots of hard work. Sure there is no guarantee that it will become a success. But, and the 'but' is a big 'BUT', it is exciting. It is something that needs to be done and it is something I love doing. So, there was no question in my mind as to whether or not I would do it.

The first issue will only be 12 pages, a tester, and will be in print on the 11th March. My first feature is going to concentrate on a girl who calls herself 'Knitty Kitty'. As the name suggests her products are handmade, mostly knitted, goods.

Amongst my personal favourites:

'Bill Oddity skirt with Leather Bird'

Her quirky one of a kind earring collection

'Royal Ascot Bespoke Fry Up bag'

Keep checking for news on the mag itself and the full article!!

3 comments: